Breakouts are a serious problem for teenagers and adults alike and many people are looking for tips to prevent breakout problems they may have. Breakouts or acne can show up at any time and often leave you playing a game of keep up. However, there are some steps you can take to improve your skin health and prevent breakouts.
Follow these tips to prevent breakouts for flawless, ageless skin.
Drinking plenty of water will not remove your acne, but it is good for your skin. By keeping your skin in the best health possible, acne problems will be easier to fight. Keeping hydrated is easy to do. Replace soda with water and try to drink a glass of water every morning. You will see improved skin health in no time and will feel better as well.
Focus on Health and Hygiene
There are some common hygiene mistakes that can aggravate acne. By focusing on these hygiene areas, persistent acne could be reduced.
- Hair – The oil from your hair plays a role in breakouts. Try washing your hair once every other day. Washing too often can dry your hair, but washing too little can effect the skin. Everyone is different so try to find a good balance. Lastly, keep your hair out of your face when you sleep.
- Hands – Wash your hands before you touch or wash your face. Also, try to not touch your face at all during the day. Our hands pick up bacteria that can cause breakouts on the skin. It is easy to reduce this bacteria by washing your hands and not touching your face.
- Pillowcases – When you sleep, all the bacteria from the acne can transfer to your pillow. It can then travel back to your face the next night. This vicious cycle is easily stopped by a quick wash of the pillowcase. Washing your pillowcase once a week is fine, but for people with serious acne problems, washing it every day may be the best option.
- Face – Wash your face at least twice a day. Once in the morning and once at night. Washing in the morning removes everything that accumulated while you slept. Washing at night cleans away everything you came into contact with during the day.
- Makeup – If you wear makeup, wash it off every night. Leaving makeup on can block the pores and cause breakouts. Also, do not share makeup brushes or other tools with friends or family. Even if they do not suffer breakouts, you will still be exposed to any bacteria that may be on the brush. It is also a good idea to clean your makeup brushes once a week.
- Tobacco and Alcohol Use – Tobacco and alcohol use exacerbate acne problems. If someone is a chronic smoker or drinks alcohol in excess, they will need to reduce consumption in order to achieve healthy looking skin.
Use Effective Acne Products
The best way to fight acne is to use the most effective acne products. Our Clear Cell line of products are formulated to keep skin healthy and reduce breakouts. This line includes a salicylic gel cleanser, salicylic clarifying tonic, salicylic clarifying pads, medicated acne lotion, medicated acne mask, and medicated acne facial scrub. All of these products are paraben free and designed to treat and reduce breakouts.
If you are suffering from acne or breakouts, speak with an Urban Retreat Spa Esthetic Consultant today to see what products are best for you. You may also call us at 954-249-9176.